Pre use testing of hardware, slings and hoists is a common practice. Unfortunately, testing the anchorage points for rigging or fall prevention system is often overlooked. The need for the Hydraulic Pad Eye Tester came about after a conversation with riggers in a shipyard. They had experienced accidents when pad eyes broke from their welds and loads were dropped. Hydraulic Pad Eye Testers attach directly to the pad eye in the ceiling, deck or bulkhead. Verify that pad eyes will hold their intended loads by testing up to 25 tons of force with the 40 lbs. Hydraulic Pad Eye Tester.
Remember, gravity always works!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Turn the handle on the threaded rod, counter-clockwise until the jaws and pin are exposed.
- Remove the pin and slip the jaw over the pad eye.
- Replace the pin and turn the handle on the threaded rod, clockwise until the jaw retracts and the cylinder
is tight against the pad eye base.
- Tighten the valve on the hydraulic cylinder and pump the handle until the pressure gauge indicates the desired loading. Use the indication on the inside ring of the gauge, which shows values up to 25 tons.
- After test, release the valve on the hydraulic cylinder, which will release the tension.
- Turn the handle on the top of the threaded rod, counter-clockwise until the jaws and pin are exposed.
- Remove the pin and the tester is ready for the next pad eye.
All goods are custom made and Non-returnable. Any return must be negotiated, include a return authorization number and will be subject to a restocking fee.
See 'Product Resources' tab above for Warning Information
PROP 65 WARNING
Products made and/or supplied by Lift-It® Manufacturing can expose you to chemicals including Chromium, Formaldehyde, Cadmium, Lead, Lead based compounds DEHP, Nickel, Nickel compounds, Acrylamide, Crystalline Silica, Triethanolamine, N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
>> Click here for more details <<