About Cortland Composite Rope
Cortland driven by innovative thinking and problem solving, we custom engineer and manufacture innovative solutions for critical applications.
As a developer and manufacturer of high performance rope and cable solutions that set marketplace standards, Cortland has long been recognized for its unique ability to custom engineer technically-superior solutions for the heavy marine, offshore oil and gas, aerospace, medical, military and seismic industries. Beyond that, however, our mission has been to focus on markets that require highly-engineered solutions for ever-changing demands.
Our success is based on close and continued interaction with our customers, applying engineering expertise, and delivering complete customer support. Safeguarding our customers’ intellectual property is our most important contribution. Our culture of confidentiality ensures that all information shared between us and our clients is protected from the very first meeting to final delivery. Strict adherence to information sensitivity means that our customers have the confidence to fully engage with our engineering team to develop unique textile solutions.
By understanding the different issues that our customers are trying to solve, it allows us to create a very good solution for their application. We tailor solutions to your requirements; call us today, or request a custom quotation
Why Use Cortland Rope For Industrial Rigging?
The only company selected to design and fabricate satellite tethers, which have been successfully deployed from the Space Shuttle
- The first to build cables for lowering temperature sensors into bore holes to monitor ocean floor geothermal activity
- Designed and manufactured the rope system that allowed the successful deployment of the Mars Rover from Pathfinder on the surface of Mars
- Since 2000 Cortland has built a long track record of control umbilicals combining a wide range of hose and cable types to offer market leading solutions for standard, high pressure, high temperature oil and gas project end use applications.
- When Honeywell first introduced their ultra high-strength SPECTRA® fiber, Cortland started a research program to determine how to best manufacture ropes using this unique fiber. As a result of information gained from this research, Cortland developed an exclusive patented process to improve the rope's translational efficiency giving it higher strength, lower stretch, and better abrasion resistance, known as the PLASMA® Patented Process.
- Cortland, in conjunction with Odim AS, developed the first successful full Active Heave Compensated deep water rope traction winch combination used by Sub Sea 7 on the Independence hub to deploy equipment into 2,700 meters of water.
- Mindful of the growing need for large diameter synthetic fiber ropes in deepwater applications, Cortland offers the world’s largest 12 strand braiding equipment, capable of manufacturing ropes up to 22 inches in circumference with strengths in excess of 4,000,000 pounds.
- Cortland patented the 12x12 Rope Construction of Puget Sound Rope, which addresses the most critical properties of high modulus, high strength fibers such as Spectra® and Plasma® enhanced Spectra®, providing a stronger, more durable rope that is easy to inspect and can be quickly spliced using standard 12 strand splices.
- Aware of the growing use of synthetics in medical applications, Cortland built Cleanrooms designed and compliant to meet ISO Class 8 requirements.
Cortland - D/S Composite Double Braid Rope
Cortland, D/S Composite Double Braid Rope, D/S Composite Rope, DS Rope, HMPE Rope, High Modulus Polyethylene Rope, High performance fiber rope, lifting rope, super strong rope, High performance fiber lifting rope, eye to eye lifting rope slings, stronger than steel, synthetic rope, fiber rope, fiber lifting ropes, floating rope, no creep rope, high strength Rope
Cortland - D/T Composite Double Braid Rope
Cortland, D/T Composite Double Braid Rope, D/T Composite Rope, DT Rope, Plasma Rope
High performance fiber rope, lifting rope, super strong rope, High performance fiber lifting rope, eye to eye lifting rope slings, stronger than steel, synthetic rope, fiber rope, fiber lifting ropes, floating rope, no creep rope, high strength Rope
Cortland - Plasma 12 (12x12) Strand Rope
Cortland, Plasma Rope, Plasma 12, Plasma 12x12 rope, Ultra High Modulus Polyethylene Rope, Dyneema Rope, High Performance Rope, 12 strand rope, High performance fiber rope, lifting rope, super strong rope, High performance fiber lifting rope, eye to eye lifting rope slings, stronger than steel, synthetic rope, fiber rope, fiber lifting ropes, floating rope, no creep rope, high strength Rope
Cortland - Spectra 12 Strand & 12x12
Cortland, Spectra 12, Spectra 12x12, 12x12 rope